Friday, February 8, 2008

Do Things come back in life

On a particular moment today a thought hit me , does life come back to us , in the sense that if we did something wrong and you believe no one knows it, should you still be scared . Is there something beyond the what you know exists that can keep a track of the wrongs and the rights in life. I would have ignored this thot as I always do but somehow the very moment I had this thought in my mind , I got a email from a friend which had the exact same subject and that got me almost freaked out. It kinda got me thinking about all the wrongs in life and the ones that have come back to me , and the ones that have still not got back. Is it possible , they would sometime or am I over that, is there a time period and how do we know if we are past the timeline and stay completely happy ..Most of us have not committed the bigger wrongs in life like say a murder, but all of us have hurt people along the way, lied, bitched about friends , sometimes life partners and family too but would we like if we were in the same position anytime. Is it not something that would make us more responsible in our actions , knowing things would have a consequence however small or big it might be. I know I have always believed in living life by the moments, but in that one moment that you want to live for urself , maybe you shud give half a moment thot to people who matter to you and maybe weigh down the odds of living that moment exactly the way you want to , to how you could be hurting someone else..Freedom is good unless it encroaches on someone else’ domain and once u are married or even into relationships , the domain definitions are harder to substantiate. You can take the benefit of doubt sometimes , but guess you would have to deal with it sometime urself. I don’t mean to be all religious here and personally don’t subscribe to the heaven and hell perspective after death , but I do believe what you do comes back and in this life itself sooner or later. That got me thinking about more incidents in life when I had been wrong to people and somehow , atleast not yet for which I didn’t face the music and it could work against the logic I just presented but I guess it still fits in with the overall scheme. Let me explain , say I am X and I behaved very badly with Y , now Y never behaved badly with me, but it is very much possible that sometime Y behaved very badly with Z , and it was just his (I am a feminist, and believe more often than not HE s wrong) turn to face the music. Its just that the characters changed. Now this brings us to a very interesting link between all humans in this world, cause you never know who is there in your life for what intent. I have focused on the bad part till now, but the same theory holds with the good things in life as well. Guess sometimes it is difficult to see the good that you do coming back to u, but sooner or later it does. And even if it doesn’t come back in the same form , just being a good human gives you some peace of mind and maybe more positive energy to work on other things in life , a reward by itself. Guess the very thought has made me a better person, not that you can improve in a day but at least I have started thinking in this direction . I generally don’t believe in preaching cause I have always believed everyone knows the right from the wrong, the good from the bad and if someone still ignores it , it is their choice and as far as I am concerned my choice was limited to the fact that I liked a person enuf to be his/her friend and beyond that its them but somehow I want people to think of this everytime they know they are not exactly right , that it will come back and it does sound like a horror movie scripts but personally believe this will go a very long way in making this world a better place to be in for all of us . Next time , you bitch about a friend, or use unfair means to get on the top or manipulate people or are simply being judgmental..just THINK !!!

No comments: