Friday, September 21, 2007

Cricket ...yet again

6 balls ...6 sixes , Yuvraj Singh rocked ...and i kept wondering what dhoni was upto( for the uninformed , he is from the same school as me) , seems he is the captain now, way to go...So what do youvraj's sixes' do to mere mortals like us..cant talk for everyone but on a personal note , it makes me believe in the Indian team yet again , it makes me hope against hope that India will win the next world cup and it sets me up for another big disappointment..simply cant help it ..I tried ignoring the indian cricket team as much as I cud, did not even react to India beating pakistan some time back ,kept my pessimism at a all time high but man..those sixes were awesome , not fluke shots but real cricket..Guess games are almost like life, you go down in life and realise it is worthless , get disappointed , and then one good thing sets you back in motion ..Another important reason of me getting sneak views of the cricket matches on the internet is definately the lack of interest in the American sports, namely baseball and college football...have tried building some enthusiasm for the same but just cant get over the cricket hangover, another reason this world wont ever be flat, there wud always be cricket and there wud always be baseball and each party will not understand the craziness about either..Now basketball seems to be the middle ground here, its big in US and not that small in India even though for basket ball team is not that great, every school shows some enthusiasm for the game ..I loved basketball when i was a kid and am sure lot of other guys do...The sports edition seems to be strecting on and on , and i havent even come to table tennis, even though i was never a game when it came to losing a match , i was always game to miss classes or bunk work and play..which reminds me of a beautiful ad they have for fisher price here...which basically is all about how kids should grow and play..simultaneously , now they have toys for kids every age and for the grown up kids , Microsoft x box outplayed them ...cant seem to make sense to even myself so guess i am actually getting to myself ..before i forget , I am catching up on the American TV big time ,even though most of the shows were aired in India , I cudnt really follow cause of the other big saas bahu attractions going on all the time , and guess this is one thing i am glad i got out of, it was almost a addiction to see who is crying for whom , who married for the 5th time and how u wont age even when u grandkids have kids and how a woman has to be a vamp or a goddess , no Grey females allowed in the Indian television scenario...here the serials are a lot more real and i just love the females, they don't cry or anyone and just move on in style..I appreciate the sense of humor prevalent in this country ,life moves much faster here ..maybe it is cause of the better cars( now that was the worst PJ ) in the last several months, cant seem to find good company for them anymore- God i miss my sister and the office(pj center)...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The PJ guru Vikas B is, I believe in a radius of a few miles.

Anonymous said...

The PJ guru Vikas B is, I believe in a radius of a few miles.

Ana!! said...

yeah and i am definitely guessing who u r and telling vikas;-)